Here are the latest facts that have been found from about 10 social media website that need to be known and considered by entrepreneurs, business owners and marketers.
Snapchat was launched in September 2011 after Evan Spiegel presented it as a class project at Stanford University while studying product design. The starting title for the job is “Picaboo” and is based on the concept of using images that are short-term.
- There are more than 100 million daily active users.
- Snapchat users watch over 6 billion videos daily (remember videos are only 10 seconds in length)
- 8796 Photo shared every second
- 30% media planner, agency and brand have plans to use Snapchat in their campaigns
- 65% of Snapchat users upload photos daily
- 76% of millennials use Snapchat
Facebook has been with us since February 2004. Its current value reaches $ 350 billion. Maybe Facebook became the first trillion dollar company in the world.
- Facebook users now total of 1.65 billion monthly users
- 823 million users only access from mobile.
- The net profit for the first quarter of 2016 was $ 1.51 billion
- Facebook’s current vacuum market is $ 321 billion
- So far has spent more than $ 25 billion to buy competitors (Including Instagram, WhatsApp and Oculus virtual reality company)
- 83% of parents on Facebook make friends with their children on Facebook
- Facebook adds half a million new users every day
- 47% of all internet users are on Facebook
- 4.5 million like is generated every day
- Facebook takes 22% of Internet time (compared to 11% for Google and combined with YouTube)
- Facebook has 19% of the $ 70 billion spent on global mobile advertising
- 78% of Facebook advertising revenue comes from mobile advertising
Instragam has just got half a billion users and best social media platforms. Facebook pays $ 1bn for it in 2012 and is seen as a stupid possibility at the time.
But now looks very wise and clever. For current valuation estimates? According to Bank of America it could be as high as $ 37 billion.
- 500 million monthly users
- 20% of all internet users are on Instagram
- The average engagement in Instagram posting is 1.1%
- 91% of all Instagram posts are photos
- 90% of all Instagram users are younger than 35
- 41% of Instagram users are between the ages of 16 and 24
- 47% of Millenials use Instagram as a messaging app (compared to 50% for Facebook messenger)
- One-third of teenagers say Instagram is their most important social network
- Instagram has doubled every year for the past 2 years
- 80 million photos uploaded daily